nRF9160 Modem Firmware (MFW)
Conexio Stratus comes with the latest version of the REV2 nRF9160 SiP hardware, preloaded with modem firmware v1.3.0 and with a sample application that enables the device to use the environmental sensors, blinks the device LEDs, and prints the output to the terminal.
- Connect the Conexio Stratus dev kit to the nRFxx development kit via the SWD cable. Then connect the nRF Dev kit to the laptop with a micro-USB cable.
- Start the nRF Connect Desktop application and open the Programmer.
- In the Programmer navigation bar, select the device from the drop-down list. You can identify the nRFxx DK by the fact that it has three COM ports.
- Then click Update modem under Cellular Modem on the bottom right-hand side.
Programmer - Update modem firmware
- Navigate to the folder where you have downloaded the modem firmware zip file. The file naming starts with mfw_nrf9160_*.zip followed by the number of the latest version. Select the zip file and click Open.
- In the Programmer application, the Modem DFU window appears. Click Write to start updating the firmware on the device.
Programmer - Modem DFU
- When the programming starts, you should see the progress bar as follows:
Programming using External debug probe
- When the update is complete, a Completed successfully message appears.
After flashing, press the reset button on the board for the changes to take effect.